The Sree Balaji Medical College & Hospital Chennai is also knowns as SBMCH Chennai. This medical college is a constituent college of the Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research. SBMCH Chennai is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and is approved by UGC and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The Sree Balaji Medical College has various UG and PG medical programs. The college offers MBBS and MD/MS programmes to the students. Admission to these courses is given through the NEET entrance examination. Sree Balaji Medical College also has its own Hospital named Sree Balaji Hospital. The hospital is a 1000-bed teaching hospital. It is attached to the college and it provides various major super-speciality services. Through this hospital, the SBMCH Chennai's medical students also get various training opportunities.
The Sree Balaji Medical College has collaborated with the following institutes and centres.
- Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, USA,
- Bradford Teaching Hospital and SBMCH
- London North West Health Care NHS Trust, London UK
- Medgenome Labs PVT.LTD, Bangalore
- Aditya Jyot Institution of Vision Science and Research, Mumbai
- Florida Limited Liability Company, USA
- Cyberbond Health Care Private Limited, Chennai
- FHM University of Applied Science, Germany
- Institute of Experimental Medicine, Videnska, Czech Republic
- Cancer Institute, Adyar, Chennai
- National Institute of Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities
- Anshin Hospital, KOBE, Japan
- The National Institute of Health, Bethesda, USA
The nearest railway station to this medical college is Chrompet Railway Station. It is around 1 km away from the college. The nearest airport to this medical college is Chennai International Airport. It is approx 6 km away from the SBMCH Chennai campus. The nearest bus depot is West Tambaram Bus Depot, which is about 3 km away from the institute.