The Kasturba Medical College Mangalore is also known as KMC Mangalore. The KMC Mangalore was founded in 1955. The medical college is situated in Mangalore, Karnataka. KMC Mangalore is a constituent institution of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). The KMC Mangalore has got recognition by the Medical Council of India (MCI) in 1958. In 2022, KMC Mangalore was ranked 31st position in Top Private Medical College in India by NIRF.
The KMC Mangalore College offers various UG, PG, and Fellowship programs to the students. Admissions to MBBS, MD, and MS programs are given through the NEET examination while admission to M.Sc. programs is given through the MET exam.
The KMC Mangalore has collaborated with the following institutes.
- University of Mississippi, USA
- University of Kentucky, USA
- Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
- Lille University of Health & Law, France
- Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- Vanderbelt University, USA
- The University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
The nearest railway station to KMC Mangalore is Mangalore Central Railway Station. It is around 1 km away from the college. The nearest airport to this college is Mangalore International Airport. It is 13 km away from the institute. The students can also take a bus or book a cab to reach the medical college from the airport of railway station.