Candidates who want to get their nationality converted from Indian to NRI can submit their application to Pg.firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting documents. The students who want to get their nationality converted from Indian to NRI for Round-2 of NEET PG counselling 2023 for admission to MD, MS, MDS can mail by August 7.
“Candidates should send their documents again for Round-2 for conversion of their nationality. Documents sent in Round-1 for conversion will not be considered,” an MCC statement said adding that candidates must send all documents enclosed in single mail only, within stipulated time.
Once the category gets converted from Indian to NRI, the MCC statement added, the applicant will be treated as NRI in all the remaining rounds of NEET PG counselling. Also, after conversion to the NRI quota, the candidates will not be able to benefit under SC, ST, OBC, EWS, Muslim Minority quota, Jain Minority Quota or any other quota.
Documents required during NRI Conversion:
- Documents claiming that the sponsorer is an NRI (Passport, Visa of the sponsorer).
- Relationship of NRI with the candidate as per the court orders of The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in case W.P.(c) No. 689/2017- Consortium of Deemed Universities in Karnataka (CODEUNIK) & Ans. Vs Union of India & Ors. dated 22-08- 2017.
- Affidavit from the sponsorer that he/ she will sponsor the entire course fee of the candidate duly notarized.
- Embassy Certificate of the Sponsorer (Certificate from the Consulate issued within the last six months).
- NEET scorecard of the candidate.
- Family tree notarized by Tehsildar