The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the Session 1 schedule of JEE Main 2024 examination. The registration for the Session 1 JEE Main 2024 exam has started on November 1, 2023. The students can fill out the application form for the Session 1 JEE Main 2024 exam till November 30, 2023, at jeemain.nta.ac.in.
Examination centres' announcement will be done by the second week of January 2024. The students can download their admit cards from the official website of the exam three days before the examination. The JEE Main 2024 (Session 1 ) exam will be conducted between 24 January 2024 and 1 February 2024. The results will be announced on 12 February 2024.
The JEE Main examination is conducted every year by the NTA. It comprises two papers. Paper 1 and Paper 2. Through paper 1, the students get admission to UG engineering programs (B.E./B.Tech) at NITs, IIITs, other centrally funded technical institutions, and institutions/universities funded/recognised by participating state governments. After qualifying for the paper 1 JEE Main exam, the students can participate in the JEE Advanced exam which is conducted for admission to IITs. Through Paper 2 JEE Main 2024 exam, the students will get admission to B.Arch and B.Planning courses in the country.
The exam is conducted in 13 languages i.e. English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Odia, Marathi, Telugu, Urdu and Tamil.
The complete schedule of Session 1 JEE Main 2024 examination:
Those who are planning to sit for the session 1 JEE Main 2024 examination, can check the table below for the complete schedule for this session.
|Online submission of application form||1 November 2023 to 30 November 2023 (up to 9.00 PM)|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/debit/net banking/UPI||30 November 2023 (up to 11.50 PM)|
|Announcement of the city of examination||By the second week of January 2024|
|Downloading admit cards from the NTA website||3 days before the actual date of the exam|
|Date of Examination||Between 24 January 2024 and 1 February 2024|
|Centre, date and shift||as indicated on the admit card|
|Display of recorded responses and answer keys||to be announced on the website|
|Website||https://nta.ac.in/ , https://jeemain.nta.ac.in/|
|Declaration of results on the NTA website||12 February 2024|
What are the eligibility requirements for the JEE Main 2024 examination?
Here are the eligibility requirements for the JEE Main 2024 exam. Without fulfilling the below-mentioned requirements of the exam, the students won't be allowed to sit for the JEE Main 2024 examination.
- The student should have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examinations from a recognised board.
- There is no age limit to appear in the exam.
- The students who have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2022, and 2023 or are appearing for it in 2024 can sit for the JEE Main 2024.
- The student should have studied the following subjects: Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject, Any other subject.
- For B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Plan admissions in IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs- A minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST category candidates) is required or the students should fall under the top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
- For B.Arch admission in institutes other than IIITs, NITs and CFITs- 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 or equivalent is required.
Registration fees for JEE Main 2024 examination:
The students who are planning to appear in the JEE Main 2024 exam, can check the registration fees below for various categories.
JEE Main 2024 Application form fee for General/OBC/EWS category
JEE Main 2024 Application form fee SC/ST/PWD/Transgender category
BE./BTech or BArch or B.Planning
For All- Rs 500
BE./BTech & BArch
For All- Rs 1000