By- Akanksha Yadav
The Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell has released the MHT CET 2023 exam dates. According to the dates released by the authorities, MHT CET 2023 exam date PCM is from May 9 to 13 while MHT CET 2023 PCB exam will be conducted from May 15 to 20.
The authorities have also announced the syllabus and exam pattern. THE MHT CET application form will be released anytime soon in January. The Maharashtra CET Cell will release the exam dates and schedule of registration on the official website mahacet.org.
About MHT CET 2023 exam:
MHT CET exam is known as Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level entrance exam used to select candidates for admission to various engineering and pharmacy colleges in Maharashtra. This examination is conducted every year by the authorities.
MHT CET is divided into three papers, Paper 1 on mathematics, Paper 2 on Physics and Chemistry combined and Paper 3 on Biology. Students who want to take admission to an engineering college, appear for Paper 1 and Paper 2 while the students who want to take admission to a pharmacy course, appear for Paper 2 and Paper 3.
MHT CET Exam 2023 important dates:
Candidates can check the complete list of the MHT CET exam 2023.
1) MHT CET 2023 application form release- 23 January (Tentative)
2) MHT CET 2023 PCM exam- 9 May 2023 to 13 May 2023
3) MHT CET PCB exam- 15 May 2023 to 20 May 2023
4) Admit card- April 2023
MHT CET 2023 Eligibility criteria:
The MHT CET 2023 eligibility criteria are the same as last year. According to the eligibility criteria of MHT CET 2023 released by the Maharashtra CET Cell, the applicant should have passed his/her 12th grade or equivalent examination for both engineering and pharmacy programmes. Students who are about to take their 12th class exam, are not eligible to sit for MHT CET 2023 exam. There is no upper age limit for this examination. Other criteria of this exam are as follows.
1) For B.Tech- Applicants should have passed or appeared un 2023 in HSC or its equivalent examination with compulsory subjects of Physics and mathematics with Chemistry/ biotechnology/ biology/ computer science/ IT/ Agriculture/ engineering graphics/ business studies/ technical vocational subject or passed diploma in Engineering or Technology with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC).
2) For B.Pharma- Applicant should have passed or appeared in 2023 HSC or its equivalent exam with Physics and Chemistry along with either Mathematics or Biology with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC).
3) For D.Pharma- Applicant should have passed or appeared in HSC in 2023 or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry with Mathematics/ Biology or passed diploma course in Pharmacy from affiliated institutes with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC).
Process of filing the MHT CET 2023 application form:
The application form process for MHT CET 2023 is quite easy to do for the students. Students can find the application form on the official website of MHT CET (mahacet.org). The filling of the MHT CET 2023 application form includes user registration, filling out the application, uploading documents and images, and payment of the application fee.
The detailed process of the application form is mentioned below for reference.
1) First step is user registration on the official website. After which student will receive login credentials at the registered email address.
2) Then he/she needs to fill out the application form. In the application form, he/she needs to fill in all the important personal details carefully. He/she should carefully mention PCM/PCB in the application form.
3) After that, the candidate will have to upload all the important documents including his/her picture and signature in the required format and size.
4) Last step is fee payment of the application form. Once the fee is paid, he/she should download the PDF of the application form for future use.
MHT CET 2023 application form fee:
Application fees for MHT CET 2023 vary from category to category.
• For General category applicants from Maharashtra, outside Maharashtra, and J&K migrant candidates, the application fee is INR 800.
• For SC/ST/OBC/SBC/PWD candidates, the application fee is INR 600.
MHT CET 2023 Pattern:
MHT CET 2023 questions are based on the syllabus of the State Council of Educational Research and Training, Maharashtra. The weightage of the class 12th syllabus is more than the syllabus of class 11th in the MHT CET question paper. Questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects. If the candidate applied for an engineering college, questions will be asked in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. And if the candidate has applied for Pharmacy College, the question paper will have questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.