By- Akanksha Yadav
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced Exam 2023 for the students who are in the top 2,50,000 of JEE Main 2023 exam.
JEE Advanced examination is a national-level entrance examination and it is conducted by one of the seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)- IIT Guwahati, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay. Through this exam, students are offered admission to various Engineering and Architecture courses.
This year IIT Guwahati has released the exam-related information brochure at the official website- jeeadv.ac.in. JEE Advanced exam will be conducted on 4 June 2023. The governing body will release the application form for the exam on 30 April. Students will have to finish the JEE Advanced 2023 registration before 4 May to appear for the entrance exam. Documents upload, fee payment and submission of the application form are the important steps of registration.
The test comprises 2 papers (paper 1 and paper 2) which will be 3 hours long. Paper 1 will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., and paper 2 will be from 2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. It is mandatory to take both papers. The exam will not be canceled even if it’s a public holiday on the day of the exam.
JEE Advanced important dates:
The authorities have released the examination dates for JEE Advanced exam 2023 on their official website jeeadv.ac.in. Students can find out the exam dates below.
- JEE Advanced 2023 Registration begins- on 30 April 2023
- Application deadline: 4 May 2023
- Last date for payment of application form: 5 May 2023
- Admit card release: 29 May 2023- 4 June 2023
- JEE Advanced 2023 exam date: 4 June 2023
- Candidates' response sheet release- 9 June 2023
- Provisional answer key: 11 June 2023
- Deadline to challenge answer key: 11-12 June 2023
- Final Answer key/ JEE Advanced result: 18 June 2023
- Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) registration begins: on 18-19 June 2023
- AAT Exam date: 21 June 2023
- AAT result: 25 June 2023
JEE Advanced 2023 eligibility criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the JEE Advanced 2023 examination should check the eligibility criteria beforehand. Before appearing for the JEE Advanced exam, the candidate should qualify for the JEE Main examination. Recently the authorities have re-introduced the 75% formula for taking admission in NITs, IITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
The JEE Advanced 2023 is one of the most difficult entrance examinations in India. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication to qualify for this examination.
The eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
1) The candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign candidates are eligible for the exam under the 10% supernumerary seat quota.
2) Applicants belonging to the General/ OBC category must have been born on or after October 1 1998. SC/ST/PWD candidates will get 5-year relaxation. They must have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
3) Applicant must have appeared for the class 12th examination or its equivalent for the first time in the year 2022 or 2023.
4) `Candidate should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in his/her 12th standard.
5) Candidate should have 75% in class 12th or equivalent for the JEE Advanced exam.
6) He/she should be among the top 2.5 lakh students who qualified for the JEE Main examination. Then only he/she can sit for JEE Advanced examination.
JEE Advanced 2023 exam application form fee:
For Indian Nationals:
For female candidates (all categories): Rs. 1450/-
SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs. 1450/-
Other candidates: Rs. 2900/-
For Foreign Nationals:
Candidates from SAARC countries: US $90
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries: US $180
Documents required in registration:
Here is the list of required documents for JEE Advanced 2023 registration.
- Class 12th or equivalent certificate
- Category certificate
- PWD Certificate
- Date of Birth (DOB) proof
- PIO/ OCI Certificate etc
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Pattern:
The level of JEE Advanced examination is tougher than the JEE Main examination. Students need to work harder to qualify for the JEE Advanced examination. Candidates can check here the examination pattern. It consists of exam mode, marking scheme, subjects, number of papers, type of questions and language. Detailed information is given below.
1) Exam mode: JEE Advanced exam 2023 will be held in online (computer-based) mode.
2) Number of papers: The number of papers in JEE Advanced exam is 2. It is the same as JEE Main examination. Paper 1 and Paper 2 (Both mandatory).
3) Subjects: Questions in the examination will be asked from three main subjects which are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT), questions will be asked from mathematics, aptitude and drawing subjects.
4) Types of questions: The question paper will have MCQs with single correct options.
5) The examination has the concept of full, partial and zero marks. Negative marking is also there.
6) The question paper will available in both Hindi and English language.