By- Akanksha Yadav
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2023 is delayed again like the previous two years. The CMAT examination is most likely to be conducted in April 2023 by National Testing Agency (NTA). The registration process for the exam will start in mid-February 2023.
About the exam:
CMAT is a national-level MBA entrance examination for taking admission to MBA/PGDM colleges. Students who score high score in this examination are eligible to take admission to any of the AICTE-approved colleges. CMAT examination is a computer-based examination of a three-hour duration. Every year more than 70,000 students register for this examination. As per CMAT 2022 data, the number of test cities was 124 approx.
One of the biggest advantages of this examination is none of its test takers gets disqualified even if they score zero marks in the examination. CMAT exam is a moderate-difficulty MBA entrance exam.
Great Lakes Institute of Management, JBIMS, SIMSREE, K J Somaiya Mumbai, Welingkar Mumbai and PUMBA are some of those colleges that accept CMAT scores.
CMAT 2023 important exam dates:
Candidates can check the exam dates here.
- CMAT 2023 registration and application process (tentative)- 23 February 2023 to March 2023
- CMAT 2023 admit card (tentative)- March 2023
- CMAT 2023 exam date (tentative)- April 2023
CMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
Before filling out the application form, the student should make sure that they fulfils all the requirements of the examination. If he/she fails to meet the requirements, his/her application can get rejected by the authorities.
Candidates can look at the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- The student should have passed the graduation or equivalent from a recognized university. There is no rule of minimum 50% score criteria in graduation for this exam which is one of the reasons why this exam is popular among students.
- Final-year graduation students are also eligible to sit in this examination but they will have to show the passing certificate at the time of admission.
Advantages of participating in the CMAT 2023 exam:
There are many advantages to sitting for the CMAT exam. Some of the advantages are given below.
- CMAT exam is usually conducted at the end of MBA entrance examinations by NTA so students don’t have to study much as the experience of MBA entrance exams like CAT, XAT, and SNAP comes in use.
- Around 1300 MBA colleges take part in this exam. They accept CMAT scores for admission to their colleges. These colleges are some of the top colleges in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities.
- The difficulty level of the CMAT exam is usually considered moderate so it is easier for students to crack this exam.
- CMAT score for admission in top MBA colleges is usually not very high so students get the opportunity to get into a good MBA college with a decent CMAT score.
- Candidates who have only passing marks in their graduation are also eligible to take this examination as there are no 50% aggregate criteria for CMAT application.
- The application fee for women and reserved category candidates is lesser than the other MBA entrance examinations like CAT, XAT, IIFT, SNAP etc. In the CMAT exam, the application for women and reserved category is INR 1000.
What is the registration process for the CMAT 2023 examination?
The CMAT 2023 application form will be available online. Students will fill in the registration details online. For the application form, students will have to visit the official website of CMAT-NTA (http://cmat.nta.nic.in/).
The steps for filling out the application form for CMAT 2023 are given below. Candidates who are wishing to sit for the exam can look at the process below.
- First do online registration by entering your name, date of birth, email ID, and phone number at the official website of CMAT-NTA (http://cmat.nta.nic.in/).
- Create your CMAT account and user ID by confirming registration via OTP/email.
- Fill out the CMAT 2023 application form by filling in personal details and academic details.
- Now upload your passport-sized photo, and scanned signature in a prescribed format.
- Lastly, finish the payment of CMAT 2023 registration fees via credit/debit card or net banking.
CMAT 2023 Exam Pattern:
CMAT 2023 is an MCQ-based examination in which a total of 100 questions are asked. The questions are asked from five subjects which are
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language comprehension
- General Awareness
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
For every incorrect answer, the student is given a negative marking of 1 mark. Each question carries 4 marks. Innovation and Entrepreneurship were introduced as an optional subject in 2021. But in CMAT 2022, it was made compulsory.