By- Akanksha Yadav
The Consortium of NLUs has released the CLAT 2023 first-seat allotment result. Candidates, who appeared in CLAT 2023 exam, can check the seat allotment list on the official website of CLAT (consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat-2023). The counselling registrations for CLAT 2023 started on December 28, 2022. The last date to register for the counselling was 6.00 PM on January 12, 2023. CLAT 2023 counselling round will be in 5 rounds. Students, whose names will be there on the list, will receive the invitation mail for counselling on their registered email IDs. On 28 December 2022, the authorities released a notification in which it was written that NLU Tripura will not participate in the counselling process of CLAT 2023. It means that NLU Tripura will not take any students via CLAT 2023 exam for the academic year 2023-2024.
About CLAT 2023:
CLAT stands for Common Law Aptitude Test. CLAT 2023 is a national-level law entrance examination. This exam is conducted by a consortium of NLUs for admissions to UG and PG courses offered by 22 participating NLUs. CLAT 2023 is going to be conducted in offline mode. NLUs have around 3000 seats at the UG level and around 1000 seats for the LLM program. The 5 year LLB program is offered in 22 participating NLUs whereas only 19 NLUs have an LLM program.
CLAT 2023 Eligibility criteria:
The eligibility criteria for 5 years LLB course and a one-year LLM course are given below. Students are advised to look at the criteria before going for registration.
For 5 year LLB course:
- The candidate should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized board in India.
- He/she should score a minimum of 45% marks (for general) in the examination and if he/she belongs to SC/ST category, qualifying marks should be 40%.
- Students who are appearing for the class 12th exam can also apply for CLAT 2023 but they should make sure that they pass the examination before the time of admission.
- There is no age limit for admission to the LLB course.
For one year LLM course:
- The applicant should have an LLB degree or its equivalent.
- He/she should have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation and for SC/ST category, it is 45%.
- Students appearing in the last year of their degree can also apply for the exam.
- There is no age limit for the examination.
CLAT 2023 Exam dates:
The full schedule of the CLAT 2023 exam is mentioned below.
- CLAT 2023 Registration begins- on 8 August 2022
- Last date of application- 13 Nov 2022
- Issue of CLAT Admit cards- First week of December 2022
- CLAT 2023 exam- 18 December 2022
- Official answer key release- 18 Dec 2022 to 25 Dec 2022
- Release of final answer key- 22 Dec 2022 to 25 Dec 2022
- Declaration of CLAT results- 22 Dec 2022 to 25 Dec 2022
- Commencement of counselling- December 28, 2022
Subjects in CLAT 2023:
Questions are asked from 5 major subjects. These subjects are
- English Language: 28-32 questions
- Current affairs including GK: 35-39 questions
- Legal Reasoning: 35-39 questions
- Logical reasoning: 28-32 questions
- Quantitative techniques: 13-17 questions
CLAT 2023 Paper analysis:
According to the students, CLAT 2023 can be termed moderately difficult. It was extremely lengthy as compared to previous years. Just like in previous years, students got to take back home not only the question papers but also OMR sheets for quick evaluation.
CLAT 2023 Answer key:
The consortium of NLUs have released the final CLAT 2023 answer key on December 22, 2022. Students can find the answer key on the official website (consortiumofnlus.ac.in). With the help of the answer key, candidates will be able to calculate their marks and also they’ll be able to raise objections against the answer key.
CLAT 2023 Results:
The authorities announced the result of CLAT 2023 on December 23, 2022. The result can be downloaded from the official website of the examination. Students just need to login into their registered accounts. In the result card, all the information like marks, and qualifying status will be there.
CLAT 2023 cutoff
CLAT 2023 cutoff is likely to go high. Cutoffs vary from college to college. Students who will score 105+ marks in the exam will have a chance to secure admission to NLSIU Bengaluru. The cutoff for the top 5 NLSIU will go from 98-100 marks. The cutoffs of the examination depend on various factors including NLU preference of the candidates, their performance in CLAT, seats offered and the reservation policy of universities.