By- Akanksha Yadav
BITSAT 2023 exam dates are still not announced by the authorities but it is expected to be conducted in 2 sessions just like in previous years. BITSAT 2023 session 1 is expected to be conducted in 3rd week of June 2023 while session 2 of BITSAT 2023 will be conducted in August 2023. BITS Pilani is expected to release the notification of the examination by the first week of Feb 2023. In the notification, the authority will announce the exam date and registration dates.
About BITSAT 2023 exam:
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science conducts the BITSAT examination every year. Through this exam, BITS shortlists the candidates for admission into its integrated first-degree programs in science, engineering and pharmacy. BITS has three campuses in India. One is BITS Pilani, the second is BITS Goa, and the third is BITS Hyderabad. BITSAT is a university-level examination granting admissions in B.Pharma, B.E. and M Sc. courses. Every year, around 3 lakh students register for this examination. The mode of exam is online. For registration, students can visit bitsadmission.com.
Eligibility criteria for BITSAT 2023:
Through the BITSAT exam, students get the opportunity to get admission to BITS campuses. Students are advised to first check the eligibility criteria and then go for registration as meeting the eligibility criteria is important to be eligible for the examination. The detailed eligibility criteria for this examination are given below.
For all programmmes except B.Pharma:
- Students must have qualified for the class 12th examination or equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Candidate should have proficiency in English.
- Candidate should have passed and scored a minimum of 75% in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects and at least 60% marks in each of these subjects individually.
- Students who are appearing in their class 12th exam can also fill out the form.
- Candidate should have passed the intermediate examination or its equivalent examination from a recognized board. The subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The student should have proficiency in English.
- Students from a PCM background can also apply for pharmacy courses.
- Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects. He/she should have obtained 60% marks individually in all the subjects.
- 12th-class appearing students can also apply for the exam.
It is important to note that admissions will be done on a merit basis. The merit position of the student for admission will be based on the score obtained by the student in the BITSAT 2023 exam.
BITSAT 2023 Exam dates:
The final list of BITSAT 2023 exam dates is still not out by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science but the notification of BITSAT 2023 is expected to be released in the first week of February 2023. Once the registration process starts, students will be allowed to submit their application form online at bitsadmission.com.
Candidates can check the list of expected BITSAT exam-related dates below.
For session 1:
- BITS 2023 expected notification release: February 2023
- Online registration begins (expected): March 2023
- Last date to register (expected): 2nd week of May 2023
- BITS admit card release (expected): 1st week of June 2023
- BITS exam 2023: 3rd week of June 2023
- Final answer key release date (expected): July 2023
- BITS result 2023: July 2023
- Counselling process begins (expected): August/September
For session 2:
- BITS session 2 begins: July 2023
- Last date to register: July 2023
- BITS admit card release: July 2023
- BITS session 2 exams: August 2023
- BITS session 2 results: August 2023
- Counselling begins: in August/September
The application process for BITSAT 2023:
The application process for BITSAT 2023 is not very complex. Although BITSAT 2023 application process involves various steps. The candidate will have to complete all the steps to be able to register for the examination. These steps include
- Registration: Firstly students will have to register themselves on the official website of BITSAT by providing a valid email ID and mobile number.
- Filling out the application form: After the registration ends, the applicant will have to enter their personal, communication and academic details in the online BITSAT form.
- Exam centre selection: Candidates will have to choose three exam centres as per their preference.
- Uploading of documents and images: Then the candidate will have to upload scanned copies of all the necessary documents and images.
- Application fee payment: After the student is done with the above steps, he/she will have to pay the application fee online. He/she can pay the fee through net banking, credit/debit cards or UPI.
- Submitting the form: Lastly, the student will have to submit the form and take it out of the confirmation page for future reference.
BITSAT 2023 exam Pattern:
The mode of BITSAT 2023 is online. It will be a computer-based examination. The language will be English. The question paper will have a total of 130 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, English Proficiency and Logical reasoning. The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes.